Wednesday, February 24, 2010

silhouette process

Here is the photo reference. I sketch the figures and make some modifications as needed. (full picture of sketch is shown in the post below) The left figure: I changed the arm to arch up instead of straight out and made her ponytails more obvious. right figure remained the same, although i think i accentuated the cute chubby legs a bit when I sketched the image.


Then I take the drawing and place it on top of the paper I chose. In this case i picked the orange and blue polka dot. I like it, but it does distract from the detail. So, I flipped over the remaining paper to show the cut out portion on top of a black board. The black shows the detail much better. I may cut another in solid black or just a darker, non patterned paper and frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment